Location: Indianapolis, IN
Job Type: Full-Time
Category: Retail, Customer Service
Experience: Not Specified
Education: Not Specified
The function of the service manager position is to insure new and existing retail markets have adequate coverage as it relates to in home appliance, TV, and furniture repair. This position insures all defective stock (unsold merchandise) is repaired in a timely fashion and that adequate 3rd party coverage is in place. This position assists in creating and overseeing logistical processes involving depot service in our RDC’s, product repair in our LDC’s. This position documents the performance and expense of our 3rd party service providers. Some travel will be required. Must exhibit regular on time attendance for all scheduled shifts.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following duties and responsibilities of the service manager are essential in the execution of the position:
1. Monitor service levels of preferred servicers.
2. Document performance of preferred servicers.
3. Validate and reconcile all charges from third party service companies.
4. Locate new service companies as we enter new markets or as needed in existing markets.
5. Audit service inventory against system numbers for accuracy.
6. Continue to look for ways improve efficiencies and reduce cost.
• Customer Service
• Business Knowledge around the service repair industry
• Sense of Urgency
• Team Skills
• Change Initiative
• Problem Solving Skills
• Two-Way Communication Skills
• Excellent Customer service skills.
• Detailed Oriented.
• Ability to plan effectively.
• Microsoft Excel and other office products.
• Excellent problem solving skills.
• Self-motivated with the ability to organize and prioritize workloads.
• Reliable and dependable.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills so classified.